Did someone say chocolate orange porridge? This is my go-to breakfast. It’s like a dessert for breakfast: delicious, full of vitamins, and none of the bad stuff. It’s impossible to feel guilty eating it!
- 100 g porridge oats
- 400 ml soy milk
- 1/2 orange (1 for more flavour)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Pour the porridge oats and milk into a hob on medium to low heat, stirring frequently.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze it into a bowl or cup (you can use a juicer but I prefer to squeeze it by hand. So does my bank account.)
- Measure out the appropriate amounts of cocoa powder and maca powder and add it to the mixture when it starts to boil gently. Pour in the orange juice.
- When it boils, turn down the heat, stir, and let it simmer until it reaches a consistency you are happy with.
- Top with fruit and seeds.
You can throw away the pulp left from the orange or eat it not to waste it (I don’t always do that I’ll admit.) I topped my porridge with some flax seeds, chia seeds, raspberries, blueberries, goji berries and a banana.